I read this to one of my favorite book and I want it to share with you. It is from West Lynn High School Seminary in West Lynn, Oregon
1. Choose just one behavior you would like to change & work on that first. It can be overwhelming to try to be perfect all at once.
2. Substitute something wholesome, positive & enjoyable for the bad habits. its easier to slide back into old habits if we don’t have something new to replace them.
3. Quit your bad habit for the right reason. Love of God & a desire to do what is right are more motivational & lasting that fear of duty or anything else.
4. Ask family members & friends to help keep you in line & to support you when you are trying to make the right choices.
5. Do your best to kick your habit & pray for help to make it the rest of the way. Gain extra spiritual strength through fasting.
6. Write your goals down, step by step. & read them regularly as a reminder of what you want to accomplish & why.
7. Stay far away from tempting situations.
8. Believe in Yourself. Remember, as you sincerely do what is right, Heavenly Father will give you the strength you need to overcome your bad habits.
9. Work. Work. Work a Habit — Good or Bad — is something we have practiced over & over until it becomes second nature. It will take work to overcome the bad habits we have been practicing.
10. Overcoming some habits requires professional help. Seek the help if necessary.
11. Remember that habits are hard to break. Heavenly Father loves us despite our mistakes. He will give up on you, so don’t give up on yourself if you falter. Keep trying!
12. Set up a reward system for yourself to encourage you to stay on track.
13. If you just need to forget yourself & stop obsessing about giving up on a bad habit, try serving someone else.
14. Turn to your bishop & your family for more ideas on conquering a bad habit.
What is Termite Baiting
1 week ago